lundi 27 août 2018

Minor Name Change in Iowa

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Iowa

My ex has supervised visitation with my 9 year old son. My son's paternal grandparents take him for 1-2 weekends a month. My ex, however, does not visit my son during this time. He left when my son was 10 months old & did not see him until he was 5. He saw him for about 5 minutes for his families Christmas when he dropped his 2 youngest kids off at his mom's but he didn't stay because he had other plans. This is the last time he saw my son. I am married, have been married for 2 years. My husband & I have been together 6 years so he is dad to my son. My husband & I have a 2 year old son together & a baby on the way. My son wants to change his last name to my, my husband's, & his sibling's last name. I've done a little research & it seems if I can prove abandonment, I don't need my ex's permission to change my son's name. I also have full legal custody. Do I still need to serve him with the intent to change my son's name? How do I prove abandonment? Where can I print the form I need to serve him & instructions?


Minor Name Change in Iowa

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire