lundi 27 août 2018

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Will Action Be Taken Against a Shoplifter in a Large City They Don't Live in

This is regarding the law in the United Kingdom. I know this is mainly for the US, but if anyone can point me in the right direction for the UK I'd be very grateful, as I can't find much information for outside the US.

I went on a short holiday with a friend, and while we were there we visited a shopping centre. After shopping in several other stores, we went into another store and looked around for a bit, I purchased some items and left but my friend stayed for longer while I went to another store. Later on, he told me he was panicking as he had shoplifted some items (low value, ~ £20 total), and although he had also purchased several items using cash, he was worried as he felt he looked suspicious for spending too long in the store, especially around the display where he stole the items. I noticed several cameras in the store, and his face was almost certainly shown, as it was a small shop. He didn't mention being approached by any shop assistants, there wasn't any security personnel in the store, and none of the security scanners by the doors went off.

Is it likely anything will come of this? It was in a large city quite far from where we normally live, and neither of us have any previous offences (although I think he has shoplifted before, but not been caught); we've never been to this city before and it is unlikely we will return for a good while. We had a car, but it was left at the hotel, so was well out of sight of the shopping centre. I know what he did was wrong, but I wasn't aware he had intent to steal until it was too late, so I couldn't have prevented it.


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Will Action Be Taken Against a Shoplifter in a Large City They Don't Live in

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire