vendredi 31 août 2018

Going to Court for Debt, Can I Still Avoid a Judgement

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Maryland

Early August I received a summons to court for an old debt from portfolio recovery for about $800. I filed an intent to defend, but I planned to call and work out a payment plan. I ended up getting hospitalized and never got to calling them. I'm home, and things have settled down and now I realize my court date is coming up. It is on 9/10, here we are on a Friday evening of a holiday weekend, so i likely wont reach them until tuesday. I was going to offer to pay them $100 monthly until its paid off, but i dont know if were too close to the court date to work something out without going to court. I'd really love to avoid going to court and getting a judgement. If I do have to go to court, can you work out a payment plan there without getting a judgement against you?


Going to Court for Debt, Can I Still Avoid a Judgement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire