vendredi 31 août 2018

Help

So my situation is that my county is trying to charge me $50k for a drug charge that I got when I was 17 years old. I have no problem with that as I feel like it is only right to pay your debts and unfortunately this is mine. So my county has put me on a payment plan until the year 2060 at $100 a month. This is for the total sum of $53218 and this includes the interest. I recently touched base with the clerk and comptroller for my county to see if they were willing to settle out so I can get myself out of the system 100%. This was there response:




Thank you for contacting the Clerk & Comptroller in regards to inquiring about a settlement for your case 20xxxxxxxxx. After speaking with our legal department, we can offer a settlement payoff and close out the case and judgment for $50,000.

This is a breakdown of the fees that are left outstanding on the case are listed below.

$57,222.06 interest (judgment)

$50,255 Court Costs & satisfaction of judgment fees.

Total: $107,484.06




Now to me this is absolutely ridiculous. I did 8 years in prison for this charge and have since acquired a Military Brokerage and changed my life around. I am no longer that young kid with no direction in life. I have a purpose. I feel like they are taking full advantage of the situation and they are breaking the law by doing so. I have a signed contract with my payment plan and they are not honoring that contract and trying to add double what I actually owe. Is there anything I can do? This has to be illegal.


Help

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire