vendredi 31 août 2018

Health Insurance: Mixed Up Primary and Secondary

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Florida


I really messed up. I am terrified because I was misinformed by several people and have been using a private (not Obamacare and not an employee plan just a plan I bought for $1288) a month instead of my Medicare A and B I received through SSDI. I became eligible back in October of 2017 but did not know until Feb 2018 and was told I missed the window for part D, and the counselor I spoke with told me just to use my private plan and to keep medicare so I don't face penalties later for part B. I originally bought the private plan that includes drug coverage in January of 2017. And I was told verbally at the Private Plan office that because they were the older plan they were primary. That was incorrect I just found out and now and am told that the private company will try to recoup all of their money back to October of 2017 and then all those people will have to try and get money from Medicare and if they don't will bill me. I am terrified, cannot eat or sleep. I had no idea I was doing the wrong thing. I have infusions that cost about $8000 a month so we are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars because I am very ill and get test and procedures all the time and doctor visits you name it. I don't know if I need a lawyer. I am scared to call my private plan without an advocate or lawyer. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I can qualify for required assurance because I am in a creditable covered plan and can get a medigap policy. No idea what's coming my way. SOS. Please help.


Health Insurance: Mixed Up Primary and Secondary

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire