mercredi 29 août 2018

Deeds - Quitclaim: A Jointly Owned Home is Quit Claimed to Other, Can a Judge Force a Property Partition

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Ohio. My ex left me holding a mortgage that we jointly owned. In his haste he quit claimed his portion to me and gave me a gift to refinance to take his name off the mortgage. The refinance fell through, not my fault. He wants the house partitioned and his gift money returned. I don't feel like I should have to give him anything back since he left the state and me holding the bag. He signed a gift letter that states I don't have to pay him back. I registered the deed and now I am being sued. What are my rights? Can the Judge force a partitioning of the house all though he gave up his interest, willingly? Will I have to pay back the gift money?


Deeds - Quitclaim: A Jointly Owned Home is Quit Claimed to Other, Can a Judge Force a Property Partition

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire