samedi 25 août 2018

Custody and Visitation Issues: Allowing Pick Up a Day After No Show for Visitation

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: VA

We have court ordered visitation for every other weekend Fri -Sun. My ex is supposed to get her and drop her off. There was a time I was willing to work with him and have him pick up our daughter Saturday mornings because he works late on Fridays. But because he is not paying child support, I have to work more and I was able to get extra hours at my job. He was supposed to get his daughter on Friday and I was supposed to go to work this morning. Well he did not show up and texte me at night that he will get her Saturday morning. I told him no. He was supposed to get her yesterday. I was upset because I had to cancel work and missed out on extra money (We have a court date scheduled for his non payments coming up in a week). But this is my daughters birthday weekend and she had asked me earlier if she was going to see her dad this weekend. Her birthday was friday, when he was supposed to get her.

I am getting so many different advice from different people and I don't know what the right thing would be for my daughter and alsso for myself. I read that, of he does not get her at the court ordered time and day, he forfeits his visitation rights until it is his next weekend. But because she is asking for him should I let him see her? He called me all kind of names when I told him that he missed his time to pick her up so I am very hesitant to contact him and I would like some advice what the right thing to do would be. I am mainly tired of him making times and dates like he feels like it and he doesnt care that me and therefore his daughter suffer financially because of it.

I hope that makes any sense. Advice is appreciated.


Custody and Visitation Issues: Allowing Pick Up a Day After No Show for Visitation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire