lundi 26 mars 2018

Speeding Tickets: First Speeding Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Pennsylvania

I got my first speeding ticket this morning on my way to work (I work an hour away from where I live).
No one else was on the road but I got pulled over for "supposedly" going 55 in a 25 mph road. This particular road goes from 25mph-35mph-45mph-25mph.
When I went back on this road on the way home (I wanted to check the speed limits) I saw that I was pulled over in the 25 mph part so I was coming out of the 45mph part. I know that I was going over 25mph but I don't think it was 55mph. I didn't question the cop but I said that I didn't realize I was going that fast. We didn't talk much but he was nice. He said that he had to fill out the ticket (I can't remember the reason why).

The cop was nice and told me to plea not guilty on the ticket and to not send any payment in and I will get a letter with a date to go to the local magistrate and he will probably get me to pay a lower amount. I was never pulled over before so I just have questions on the process. It seems like the cop was relaxed and seemed cool since he said to plea not guilty and he will get it reduced. When I go to the judge and and I plea not guilty, what will they ask me? Should I admit that I know I was probably going a little over the speed limit since the mph changes a lot on the road but I didn't realize how fast I was going and should have paid attention better?
I am just shocked the cop told me to plea not guilty. You think they would just say pay the fine so they don't have to go to court.
Any advice on what to say in court? Any information I should know?


Speeding Tickets: First Speeding Ticket

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire