mercredi 28 mars 2018

Social Security Issues: Is It Possible to Have SSI Over-Payment Penalty Waived

Due to having cancer and a few other circumstances I was not able to work at age 62, so I had to take early SS payments for some sort of income. Miraculously, I was offered a job in 2016 taking care of an Alzheimer's patient, which paid me more than I was allowed and more then I made my whole life. I didn't know I was could stop SS payments for that year. The patient passed away April 2017, and I have not been able to find work since. So now I have no income and SS is taking away my checks for the next 12 months. I spoke to them and they said it is what it is. I am now 66 so I can make more money but now I desperately need those monthly checks. I only get 570 because most of my life I was a stay at home Mom and when I did work I didn't make much. I don't understand how they figure this out. Did anyone else ever experience this or know of anyone that has had these penalties waived? Also, since I made more money in 2016 and part of 2017, will my future payments be a little higher? I tried to get answers from the SS but they don't explain things in plain English. Does anyone have any input to this situation? Thank you.


Social Security Issues: Is It Possible to Have SSI Over-Payment Penalty Waived

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire