mercredi 28 mars 2018

Maintenance and Repair: Who Maintains Utilities That Run Through an Ingress/Egress Easement

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Idaho
I am purchasing a piece of land to build a four plex. The land has an ingress/egress easement that is only recorded on the beneficiary property's deed. It is not recorded on mine. The ingress egress easement runs along the north edge of my property for about 170'. According to the landowner who needs the easement, the utilities also run underground along this easement, except for the sewer line. He claims that this line runs through the middle of my land.

My question is who maintains these utilities? We may have to move the neighbors sewer line in order to build on my parcel. Once we have moved the line to the north boundary, where his other utilities are, who has to maintain these utilities?

If he has a flood because the water line in the easement breaks, who calls the backhoe in the middle of the night to dig it up? And who repairs the driveway once it has been dug up? Utility companies typically only maintain lines up to their meter or up to the property line, but I am pretty sure they don't mean to maintain his line all the way across my land. Or do they?

I am pretty apprehensive and confused. This property was subdivided a very long time ago and the plat map of my parcel does not show his easement at all, nor does it show any utility easements on his land or on mine.


Maintenance and Repair: Who Maintains Utilities That Run Through an Ingress/Egress Easement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire