mercredi 28 mars 2018

Sale and Deficiency: Selling Old Car

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: CA

I am planning to sell an old car that still runs and works great in the local area (basically not recommended to take out in a freeway and highway etc). I been using the car for years runs fine locally does the job (going to the store, work, etc) nothing to go long distance since its kind of old and high chance it would break. My question is I know someone that might potentially buy it, but I want to play it smart. The car wouldn't have warranty it would be sold as is. I want to make everything clear here so how would I take this into matter (basically the day the car is sold its a done deal, if the car ends up breaking on them it would be on them and not something they can try to claim on me since the car was running when I was showing them and they can see for themselves)? Should it just be something you can verbally agree and would be good to go or is it something to write down and have both parties agree to the terms and sign it?

Just to add been giving this person numerous rides for years now and as I mentioned the car works very good to ride locally they don't have a car so it would save them money in the long run since paying for a taxi gets expensive. The thing is I don't want to sell the car and it breaks and than they want some type of warranty on it etc.

Also any other points would be appreciated (basically change ownership asap as well to them if the deal goes through) how to do the whole ownership change going to DMV or possibly can call the phone etc.


Sale and Deficiency: Selling Old Car

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire