lundi 26 mars 2018

Service and Repair: Two Diagnoses, Same Subaru Dealership

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Alaska

I purchased my vehicle in September and took it to have a full inspection at the dealership. The results of the inspection indicated everything was in perfect shape on the vehicle (particularly relevant, they specifically said there was no leaks). I brought my car back six months later for an oil change and a different individual said that there were multiple leaks, but I was probably already aware of them because they were in the history of my vehicle at the dealership. At this point, I am unsure if there are leaks in my car or not, or who actually checked it out and who didn't. The managers will not return my phone call and I just received a call from a tech letting me know that the repair costs are over $5000 if I choose to fix them.

My issue is any possible damage caused to my vehicle by the assurance there were no leaks. Because they documented that my car was in good shape, I did not check any fluid levels and that could have potentially shortened the life of my vehicle because one of the leaks is a head gasket.

What is the dealership liable for? Any suggestions with how I should proceed?

Thank you.


Service and Repair: Two Diagnoses, Same Subaru Dealership

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire