vendredi 30 mars 2018

Quiet Enjoyment: Can LL Bring Potential Renters Through My Apt if I'm Not Moving Out

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Michigan.

I just moved into a new place less than a week ago. It's a duplex, and the people in the other unit are moving out soon. The property manger wants to show renters MY unit, reason being, "I haven't been to the other unit in years and I don't know what kind of condition it's in." So, she's essentially using mynunit as a "show" unit. She gave me 6 hours notice about this. I agreed to it this time, since I'll be home, anyway, but it's very annoying that I have to let total strangers into my home less than a week after moving in. The lease has standard language about landlord access to premises, something like "tenent agrees to alow LL access to property within reasonable business hours. Prior written notice will be given except for emergencies." So I know I could have technically refused, but then I'm just irritating the LL a week into my lease. which is why I agreed to it, but I'm afraid this won't be the only time. What advice would you give here?

Thanks!


Quiet Enjoyment: Can LL Bring Potential Renters Through My Apt if I'm Not Moving Out

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire