mardi 27 mars 2018

Contractors and Subcontractors: Mechanical Lien Invalid

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Illinois, cook county.

My parents hired a contractor to do construction on their townhouse. He did not complete the work as requested, and after several attempts at communication, my parents stopped payment on $2800 that was due on their CC. The contractor wrote them an email saying they now owed $11800 and that he would take action. We never signed a contract with the 11,800 amount, nor did we verbally agree or sign a contract with this amount. He sent this and filed a lien against the property within the 4 month timeline.


The insurance provided states the company insured as C&C Investments of Chicago. When I search this online, it comes up as C&C Investments of Chicago, LLC.
Our contractor is named Robert Cruz, I believe he has created this company named C&C Investments of Chicago. He is not a subcontractor, but the owner.

The Lien is filed with only his name, no mention of "C&C Investments of Chicago, LLC" Would this be grounds for a dismissal? If so, can I take care of it or do I need a lawyer?


Contractors and Subcontractors: Mechanical Lien Invalid

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire