vendredi 30 mars 2018

Maintenance and Repair: Obligation to Share Fence Upkeep Costs Along Easement

My question involves real estate located in the State of: California

I own a house, the garage of which is accessed via a driveway shared by three other home owners (the "homeowners.") The driveway runs lengthwise, behind our houses. There is a corresponding series of houses along the opposite side of this driveway. The owners of these homes ("the neighbors") do not have legal access to the driveway; their houses are accessed via a different street. The neighbors have all constructed fences that separate their backyards from the homeowners' driveway.

Each homeowner owns that portion of the driveway directly behind their own house. Each other homeowner has an access easement across the other homeowners' properties for the purpose of ingress and egress.

I have been contacted by the homeowner several doors down, at the far end of the driveway. She is pressuring the neighbor directly behind her to replace the fence along their shared property line. This neighbor cannot afford the fence replacement. My fellow homeowner thinks the rest of the homeowners are obligated to help pay for her neighbor's fence replacement because of the access easement. I received an email today asking me to pay my share.

I am looking for information as to whether this is a thing. I am surprised to hear that she thinks my non-possesory right to an access easement may financially implicate me in the replacement of a non-adjacent neighbor's fence, but I am open to being educated in the matter. Any input is greatly appreciated.


Maintenance and Repair: Obligation to Share Fence Upkeep Costs Along Easement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire