mardi 27 mars 2018

Passing a School Bus: Got a Ticket for Passing a School Bus, but It's Lights Weren't Flashing

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: WA

Was surprised to open the mail this afternoon to see a ticket for $420 for passing a school bus. It was from about 3 weeks ago, and sure enough the video shows me slowly creeping past the bus.

I remember this incident clearly- the bus was slowing with its brakes on, and eventually stopped (because traffic in its lane had stopped). By the time I came up next to it, I noticed the little stop sign was out, but it's lights never flashed and no children were getting on or off.

On one hand, the second I noticed the little stop sign I should have slammed on my brakes (presumably?) but I also wonder about the legality of being issued a fine if not all the working warning signals were functioning properly. The lights of the bus are, of course, not in the video so the video doesn't show what I need it to- that the lights weren't flashing giving drivers warning.

Coincidentally, I'm a teacher so I of course want to always protect children. The other part of being a teacher, however, is that I am pretty broke. I certainly expect the 'you broke the law, pay the fine' responses, but am also curious if this is worth fighting.


Passing a School Bus: Got a Ticket for Passing a School Bus, but It's Lights Weren't Flashing

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire