jeudi 29 mars 2018

Presumption of Paternity: Fraudulently Signing the Birth Certificate

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Maryland

My brother's girlfriend just had a baby that he knows is not his (he took a home paternity test). Both of them have decided not to tell the real father because they claim he is "no good" and will not want anything to do with the baby.

When she first became pregnant this other man tried reaching out to her several times claiming he knew the baby is his and that he wanted to be part of his life. The baby was born 3 months early and I don't believe the real father knows as of yet.

My question is, if my brother signs that birth certificate knowing he is not the father is this illegal and will he face any repercussions if the real father finds out? I am trying to talk my brother into doing the right thing by adopting legally but he will not listen.


Presumption of Paternity: Fraudulently Signing the Birth Certificate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire