jeudi 29 mars 2018

Legal Malpractice: Is My Issue Considered a Legal Malpractice and What Options Do I Have

"]My question involves malpractice in the state of: Pennsylvania.

My current attyn filed a cancellation of a scheduled arbitration with the court stating parties settled matter. This was done without my knowledge or consent. The opposing attyn submitted a Release of All Claims to my attyn. This was done 2 weeks ago and I met with my attyn yesterday to prepare for arbitration that same afternoon. At this meeting, the attyn stated to me that the opposing attyn contacted court and cancelled arbitration as they believed we settled. He also stated we are waiting for a new date for arbitration which should be in about two weeks. Basically, the entire meeting was a lie bc i took a trip to the courthouse after that. I retrieved a copy of his letter to the court cancelling arbitration and a Court Order signed by judge cancelling arbitration. After discovering this info, my attorney denied any court order until i emailed him a copy. Then he stated case is not settled until you sign Release of All Claims. He also said " how do you wish to proceed" and" I can request an Arbitration" I'm at a stand still bc during our meeting he discouraged me into settling and the high risk of going further. I'm not sure what options I have knowing this attyn was very dishonest and misleading with me. So my question(s) are; is there any legal recourse i can pursue? or what negotiations can i make with him if i continue to keep him at my attorney?


Legal Malpractice: Is My Issue Considered a Legal Malpractice and What Options Do I Have

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire