dimanche 25 mars 2018

Photo Enforcement: Red Light Violation

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

Hello all!

I received a red light violation via photo enforcement program in Spokane County, WA.

Photo A shows my vehicle with its break lights on at or near a stopping line. It is unclear where the stopping line is because the photograph is very dark. The light is red, and the speed is 18. RTime is 0.2. Time is 10:21:52.7

Photo B shows my vehicle making a right hand turn, with its turn signal on. The vehicle is approximately half way through the right turn. The light is red, and the speed is 18 RTime is 1.8.

1. What is RTime?

2. Do I have a case to contest, or mitigate?

Here are my current thoughts:
1. I need to convince the court that I stopped (completely) between pictures A and B. Speed was 18mph in picture A and 18mph in picture B. However, since no significant figures are given, that 18mph could be 17.5 mph. What happened between A and B is unknown.

I propose that my vehicle stopped, and then accelerated to 17.5 mph between pictures A and B. Now, 1.6 seconds elapsed between the two on paper. Again, no significant figures are given, so the time difference could be upwards of 1.69999999 seconds. Let's call that 1.7 seconds. In order to stop in half of that time, 0.85 seconds, I would have to decelerate at a rate of 20.58 mph per second. The same number is true for accelerating to 17.5 mph after a complete stop.

2. Since my vehicle is turning, I could suggest calculated speed in picture B is inaccurate.

Any criticism and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!


Photo Enforcement: Red Light Violation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire