vendredi 26 mai 2017

Uninsured Parked Car Totalled by Insured Driver

I live in Kentucky. After losing work I could no longer afford my monthly insurance payments, so I cancelled my insurance literally a month ago and my car has been sitting parked since then. It is registered just not insured right now. Well, this evening a woman slammed into my parked car and totaled it. It's bad and I'm guessing that the cost of fixing the damage will be more than the cost of my car. The woman who hit my car is insured and admitted complete fault to me and again to the officer when he was filing the report. The officer mentioned to me that an uninsured car should not be parked on the street. I asked how that might impact her insurance company's willingness to cover the damages and he didn't know(totally fair as it's not his job to know). I'm very worried at the possibility of her insurance company using that as an excuse not to pay. Does anyone know what the likely outcome is here? Are they able to not pay for damages because of my lack of insurance despite the fact that I am not at fault here? Thank you in advance for any help you're able to provide me with here!


Uninsured Parked Car Totalled by Insured Driver

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire