mardi 30 mai 2017

Do I Hold an Implied Easement

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Tennessee

My water meter sits in county property not directly in front of my lot but aprx 6 feet over in front of a neighboring lot. My home is 26 yrs old. They are currently building on the neighboring lot (has never been developed.) The two lots were owned by the same person when we bought our home/lot (5 yrs). In further past history, more than likely, the person that built our house owned both lots at the time. They are demanding I reroute my water line & are claiming no liability if they damage my waterline during their work. I can't say for sure where my line runs. If it runs straightest route it could cross the front corner of their lot or if it takes two right angles then it doesn't cross their lot at all. Who knows? Can someone just claim no responsibility for damage? What are the terms for an implied easement? It seems with the separation of land, permenancy of the utility, the length of time and necessity, I have an implied easement.is this correct?


Do I Hold an Implied Easement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire