mercredi 31 mai 2017

Emancipation: Once I Am 18, How Can I Go About Separating Myself from My Parents

Hi, I need serious help. I live in Delaware and I am turning 18 on June 2nd. I officially graduate high school on June 3rd. I'm currently under the impression that once I am 18 I will officially be emancipated. Is this correct? What I want to know is basically how to live afterwards. I have great cause to get away from my parents, but if I choose to leave, I will need to pay for my University of Delaware tuition myself. How will I go about paying for that and indicating that I will be taking out loans and paying for the entire tuition myself? Will I need to reapply? Also, all my savings are under my parents' names in the bank. What will happen to that money? How will I pay for my doctor and dentist appointments, medications, psychiatrist, cell phone bill, etc.? How do I go about getting insurance? Basically, I am asking how will I be able to live on my own? What steps should I take and where should I start? I am completely unprepared to live on my own but it needs to be done for the sake of my mental and even physical health. I have my license but I haven't driven in two years and I need to relearn. I have a place to stay but no job and no car. My parents bought me a classic car that was to be mine but it is not tagged yet and needs a new radiator. What will happen to my belongings? I need someone who is willing to dedicate time to try and help me. Thank you so much for reading.


Emancipation: Once I Am 18, How Can I Go About Separating Myself from My Parents

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire