mercredi 31 mai 2017

Can an Employer Reverse a Deposit from My Bank Account if There Was No Payment Error

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California and / or Massachusetts. I received a Commission Statement indicating what my employer was due to pay me for the previous month's comissions earned per our Comp Plan. (I'm in Sales) Two days later I received the stated funds into my checking account via direct deposit. Everything checked out. Hours later my employeer reversed the deposit and withdrew the funds, to the penny. In speaking with my manager, he said that there was no error is the payment amount, or in the acutual commission calculationed. There was no over-payment or under-payment. What had been deposited was what I was due. However, my manager did say that the Cheif Opperating Officer of the company had seen the commissions report the day of payroll and had questioned my commissions. He apparently had issued a stop, or revers, on my commissions' deposit. Also, at no point did my employer contact me to notify the reversal of deposit was taking place or had taken place. The company is headquartered in California. I live and work in our MA office.

Is this allowed, legal? Am I entitled to do anything about this if they do not conclude I should receive the full stated amount from my commission's statement?


Can an Employer Reverse a Deposit from My Bank Account if There Was No Payment Error

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire