mardi 30 mai 2017

Adoption of Children: Adopting My Niece and How Can She Get Her Stuff Back

My question involves adoption law for the State of: Michigan

Hi! So I don't know really what to consider this, so I'll just tell you the situation and if I can get some advice it would be very much appreciated! My cousin just passed away almost a month ago. She left behind her 5 year old daughter Anna. When my cousin was alive I always took care of her for her. She has no father in her life, nor ever has. Nor on her birth certificate. When things happened, we found out CPS was going to be involved because of the death and drugs being partly related. My cousin had a live in boyfriend whom sold and got rid of all my cousins things within a week of her death. Anna though has been living with her mom's other cousin, and we know she won't be able to stay there for issues with the family. As of now, the boyfriend is refusing Anna to get any of her previous things or even enter the home because of her choice not to live with him. Yes, to a 5 year old!! He is not fit, nor able and does not have the money to care for her. Her next of kin is not able to either as he is on hospice. Is their anything we can do to be able to get her things back? Would there be a chance I could possibly have her live with my family and I? Even if I am in a same sex relationship and on state aid?


Adoption of Children: Adopting My Niece and How Can She Get Her Stuff Back

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire