mercredi 31 mai 2017

Repossession: What Can You Do if a Repo Guy Blocks Your Driveway

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: CA

I live in a courtyard home with a shared driveway with 5 other homes, this morning I was pulling out to go to work and a white truck was blocking our driveway. At first I just thought some inconsiderate person parked there, but when I tried to drive to the right the truck moved to block me from getting out right then backed up to the left. I was not sure what was going on, seemed a crime was going or about to happen, I started filming and called 911. I was tempted to drive over the grass and escape as it seems like a crime was about to happen.

He comes up to me unarmed and said the car is up for REPO, I told him that's impossible the car is paid off and he might have this car confused. I asked him to check on the license plates. He said they matched. I figured this might be some elaborate car jacking scheme, the police could hear the whole thing over the bluetooth on the car as we argued.

He goes back to his truck pulls a clipboard and comes and looks at the window number on the drivers side then apologizes and drives off. I think he may have heard the 911 person on the phone asking questions and that scared him away.

The police say maybe he just confused my car with another? How could he if he said the plates match, no one else in our 6 homes total as a brown SUV that could be confused for my Suv, one had the same make but is a sedan and totally different color. Hard to believe a REPO man does not know the difference in colors or make and model of cars..

I am sending my Iphone video to the police, but they seem to think it was some kind of legitimate REPO company, I believe it was an attempted crime and he was scared away when he hears the 911 operator blasting over my car speakers..

Even if they had a legitimate order to REPO a neighbors car, can he legally block our driveway? Can they stop people driving to work and randomly checking the cars, why not at least try to look at a model make and confirm a color match before blocking people?

I am not happy about what happened looking to file charges or a complaint against that company if legit, lucky for me its all on video. Anyone have advice on legal rights to pass through a public street without harassment if legal, seems the police want to brush it off and I feel blocking a driveway is not legal if he has a legitimate order for a car in the area or not.


Repossession: What Can You Do if a Repo Guy Blocks Your Driveway

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire