dimanche 28 mai 2017

Building Permits: Silence As Consent: License for Alterations

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: England, UK(!)

Hi guys, hoping this has some people familiar with the similar but not identical UK legal framework.

I'm a leaseholder requiring a license for alterations. The freeholder is the local council. The works are non structural, but require a license under the terms of the lease. The trouble is, the council are astoundingly unresponsive. They won't so much as acknowledge receipt of an email, won't return calls, etc. This is putting me under tremendous financial pressure as I can't live in the place till the work is done. I'm wondering if their is a route to claim their silence as acceptance? If I do, and proceed, and they later respond with objections to the plan / no permission, what would happen then? Lastly, if I do have a route under silence is acceptance, would this be voided where either the lease or the council online guidance requires permission to be provided in writing?

Thanks you!


Building Permits: Silence As Consent: License for Alterations

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire