lundi 29 mai 2017

Joint Custody and One Parent Dies

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California.
My ex husband and I have joint legal and physical custody. He died very suddenly and recently. I live in a different state then him and the kids. We used to live in the same town but my current husband is military and we decided to keep the kids there so they could stay with one parent and in the same school. Well he died and now they are staying with their grandpa (their step mom lives on the property too but I left their grandpa in charge of them and sent him a letter stating he is caring for them until the kids come to Florida on a certain date) while I had to go back to Florida to make arrangements for them to move to Florida and they finished their school year. SO what do I need to file with the state so it shows I now have full custody of the children and have rights to move them from the state. The grandfather and step mother have not petitioned for guardianship at this time.


Joint Custody and One Parent Dies

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire