mercredi 31 mai 2017

Privacy: Can Dating a Registered Sex Offender Affect Your Career

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Kansas

I've been dating a man. He is attractive, intelligent, passionate about life and really into me. I think we're falling for each other. As is standard in dating these days, I googled him. I found that he is a registered sex offender. I am shocked but investigate further and found that he was 19 and the time of the incident and the victim is said to be 13. His crime is listed as "Attempted Indecent Liberties W/child: >14<16; Lewd Fondling Or Touching."

I'm not sure what that means, but he is 37 now so I've decided to view that as a stupid mistake he made. I do look down on him for it and worry about the victim, but these are flaws I can get past. I haven't talked with him about it yet (but I'm sure he knows I know by now) but the problem is this: I am a Social Worker with the I/DD (intellectually/developmentally disabled)population . I love it. I work with a vulnerable population who wouldn't normally have a voice and have the chance to stand up and assist them to advocate for themselves. It gives me pride.
If this relationship were to advance could his status affect my career? If we were to get married could I still work with a vulnerable population?


Privacy: Can Dating a Registered Sex Offender Affect Your Career

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire