lundi 29 mai 2017

Asylum: Asylum Case Pending - Debating Whether to Marry Fiance Sooner Than Planned

Hello!

I filed an Asylum case 1 year ago, and am still awaiting confirmation for my interview date (I know it'll be at least 2 years before I hear anything with the current panorama).

In that time, I met my boyfriend, now fiance, a US citizen. We initially planned on moving in together next year, and living together for a time before getting married. I was recently contacted by a friend who'd filed her asylum back in 2014, had her hearing a few months ago, and ultimately had her asylum denied and is now in removal proceedings. I know asylum cases have a high burden of proof and are subject to pretty intense scrutiny. My concern now is that she and I had very similar cases (related to a series of mass student protests and instances of repression in our country of origin), and her case was deemed weak and unsubstantial, despite the evidence she provided. I'm afraid I may have issues as well, that's just the honest truth.

Should we consider getting married earlier than planned, in the next few months? Should we still wait a bit, live together, accumulate more proof that our relationship and marriage is bona fide but still get married before my hearing? If I wait for my hearing and have my case denied, get placed in removal proceedings, would getting married then be a disaster?

I thank anyone in advance for their input.


Asylum: Asylum Case Pending - Debating Whether to Marry Fiance Sooner Than Planned

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire