vendredi 26 mai 2017

Eviction of One Spouse

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Ohio

I rent an apartment from my family's rental business, I initially was on the lease and when my wife moved to america she was added to the lease. We have been having marital issues for a while and I have stressed that I want a divorce and she is refusing to sign any paperwork. Today the landlord asked me if I would like the renewed (every 6 months) lease to be in just my name or both of our names, I told him that as of yesterday she was planning to be out by September 1st so to just go ahead and put it in my name. With her refusing to sign paperwork to move our divorce along I don't want to be trapped under the same roof as her while I pay all of the housing costs. My landlord said that if I am the only person on the lease now that I can look into starting eviction if she isn't out in such a period of time.

I would like some real information about how to legally have her evicted and the right way to go about this since she is refusing to move out or sign papers to move this along. From my understanding I could file a protective order if I can prove abuse but I am trying to be as civil as possible, she has recently caused damage to the apartment if that helps, she's nearly kicked entirely though a locked door to a spare room I have my belongings in due to her habit of breaking my belongings when she is upset.

Sorry for the rant, I just want to do this the right way.


Eviction of One Spouse

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire