mardi 30 mai 2017

Garage Said It Was Okay to Drive My Car, Now My Motor is Shot

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Oregon

I went to a garage because I had a leakage coming out of my car, and to get an oil change. When I came back to pick it up, they told me my oil pan had a crack in it and to replace would be 300 dollars. The woman at the desk then told me that it would be safe to drive, and I didn't need to get the repair right away but should think about it if it got worse. When it DID get worse, I brought it my car for the repair a month later.

When I was driving to the garage, my motor started knocking which is never good so I got it towed to the garage. I called to ask about the car the next day and the woman told me that it would cost an "amount of money" for them to find out what was wrong with it but I should really just cut my losses and get a new car.

The reason I'm posting is that I went to that mechanic because I know NOTHING ABOUT CARS, and when I asked her what I should do she told me that my car was fine to drive, and obviously it wasn't. I'm normally never upset about customer service or the quality of a service, but I'm just a 20 year old girl with no money and now no car who was told that the repair wasn't needed.

Is there legal action I can take or is this my fault for trusting them?


Garage Said It Was Okay to Drive My Car, Now My Motor is Shot

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire