samedi 27 mai 2017

Seat Belt Violations: Wrong Rcw Listed on Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

Hello,

Today I was pulled over for having my seatbelt shoulder strap behind my back. My seat belt was fastened acting a lap belt.

The traffic infraction I was cited is RCW 46.37.510.4 which states:

(4) Every passenger car manufactured or assembled after January 1, 1968, shall be equipped with at least two shoulder harness-type safety belt assemblies for use in the front seating positions.

On my infraction issuance paper given to me by the highway patrol officer has commented next to the infraction "FRONT SHOULDER SEAT BELT VIOLATION"


I believe I should have been cited RCW 46.61.688.3 which states:

(3) Every person sixteen years of age or older operating or riding in a motor vehicle shall wear the safety belt assembly in a properly adjusted and securely fastened manner.


I feel that by admitting guilt and not challenging the fine I am admitting to have tampered with legally-mandated vehicle safety devices (2008 model year vehicle)


Thoughts?


Thank you in advance.


Seat Belt Violations: Wrong Rcw Listed on Ticket

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire