samedi 22 juin 2019

Stop Payment Made in Tx

My question involves business law in the state of: Texas

I had a check issued to me by a consumer to which we did home repairs and painting. I received payment of $3,315 to which I paid sub contractor and purchased supplies for. The home owner, after a day or two found some things that she was not satisfied with, paid me on a Friday so I deposited on Monday, and she put a stop payment on the check.

I paid my sub contractor $1800 and i spent $500 in supplies plus all the work I did. Stopped payment on that size of check caused me to go negative on my account and I bounced several checks because of it.

I went and met up with homeowner and she said that that was the only leverage she had for me to come back and fix the issues she had with the house, which I had already agreed to come to resolve. I have never had any issued like this before so I do not know what recourse to take. SHe has yet to make good on the payment even though I have already fixed the issues she “claims” were the reason she stopped the payment.

How much is she legally responsible for? Can I add a charge for all the problems this caused me? Bank fees and such.


Stop Payment Made in Tx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire