vendredi 21 juin 2019

Consumer Law Issues: C.o.d Contract "Balance Due at Installation"

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Washington.

Last time I was on this board It helped me a lot and I was able to win an appeal thanks to help from here so here I am again thank you.

I found a metal garage I liked online and I entered into a COD contract via e-signature . I think I need to cross out company info before uploading it here?

Basically it just states "balance due at installation" and "all orders are COD" and does not give a deadline for completion. The person who called and setup the installation day said that it would only take 1 day.

The installers came to install the metal garage and demanded payment before even unloading the materials. I asked if it was to be completed that same say and they said yes it would and I Reluctantly handed over my cashiers check.

At 530 pm the installers notified me that they did not have all the materials to complete the job and they had no idea when they would be able to finish it.

I called the company which was now closed and left a Voicemail explaining that the job was not completed on time as agreed and that I wanted to reschedule and also wanted a discount for the delay.

Since I was not able to reach the head office I went back outside and told them to give me my cashiers check back because I refused to pay for something 1/4 of the way installed. All that was done was the framing and roof. The siding, roll up doors, side door and window were not done. Also there was a lot of missing screws including some in the structural truss cross braces.

The installers gave me the check back.

Approximately 2 weeks later without any warning, I receive a phone call while I am at work and it is the head office telling my that the crew is back at my house on my property and that they need immediate payment in order to complete the job or else they will uninstall and take back the materials.

Since It was not planned or scheduled I was unable to leave work and I told them they were trespassing and to leave the property.

Now I am being sued by a collections company for the entire balance plus interest.

Not only was I left with an incomplete unsafe structure, I had to postpone work which I has scheduled to be done in the garage.

Anyone have any advice for best course of action? Shall I seek an attorney or is this one just a matter of representing myself and telling the judge what happened. ?

thanks


Consumer Law Issues: C.o.d Contract "Balance Due at Installation"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire