vendredi 21 juin 2019

Recourse Against State of California

My question involves court procedures for the state of: CA

I was a codefendant in a civil lawsuit in California beginning in 2017. My codefendant and I each had our own attorneys. We filed separate demurrers for statute of limitations, both of which were denied. My codefendant's was denied first, citing his denial during the statute period as concealment of evidence. Mine was denied afterward, but without having made a denial to so site.
After our demurrers were denied I settled, codefendant did not. A year later 12 jurors found that the statute of limitations had indeed run, case closed. Subsequent to my demurrer's denial I spent approximately $100k on legal fees and the settlement. Is it at all practical for me to take action against the state for the judge's decision to allow the case to proceed when it should have been stopped a year ago?


Recourse Against State of California

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire