samedi 15 juin 2019

Public Records: Wording to Find Percentage Success of State Contractor

I am filing a freedom of information act request under the Illinois State
Freedom of Information Act to a State Agency. I simply want to find
out whether the contractor they use for their Medical Care Assistance
Plan has a history of dropping incoming claims (by fax and United States
Post Office mail) on the floor and not entering them . Did they did any
audit or investigation that would shed light on whether whether their
contractor was doing this part of their job correctly.
What would be the best wording for this--see below.

I am state employee.
I am a member of the Medical Care Assistance Plan for many years.
I would send in my claims. I got no responses (neither denials or
payments). This happened several times over seveal years. I got
sick and tired of this and filed an Illinois Court of Claims
action for one year that they failed to reimburse me.
(For the year in question, I sent in claims three times by physical
mail and one time by facsimile.
They are claiming that they got none of them.)

For those not familiar
with these, one arranges to have money deducted from one's paycheck
pretax. Then, when one has medical care expenses, one sends in their
receipts. They check two things. That you have not sent in more than
the total amount taken out for the year. That the expense is a valid
one under Internal Revenue Service rules and the plan rules. (For example,
a general health expense like Vitamin D pills is not valid, but if one
has a prescription from a doctor for a specific condition for these,
even though they are over-the-counter, one can get reimbursed for the
price of the pills.)

My first request asked for the percentage of incoming claims by
fax that actually got into their computer system. Ditto for those
coming in by United States mail. Also, asked if their department
that manages this got other complaints from others or from myself
in prior years.

they sent back that one can't get requests for statistics. (So I guess
one can't ask them to calculate how taxes affect different income
brackets but one can ask for a report that gives this information if they
had already prepared same, unrelated to one's request.)

So I simply am going to ask for ayh reports or the complaints.
Is this the best wording:

Reports on whether incoming facsimiles to the facsimile number
provided to the participants were actually entered into the system?


Public Records: Wording to Find Percentage Success of State Contractor

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire