vendredi 21 juin 2019

Banking: [Pls. Move to Real Estate] Need Mortgage Servicer to Send Duplicate Notices

My question involves personal finance in the State of: New York

My mother is aging. She is able to care for herself but sometimes misses things and ends up late on financial obligations.

Her mortgage was recently transferred to a servicer with a horrible (horrible!) record of "accidental errors" that result in foreclosures. People who have never missed a payment and never been late find themselves foreclosed upon and have to spend years suing the company to make things right.

I want to reduce the risk that this will happen to my mom by having copies of all statements and notices sent to me (at this age, she isn't diligent enough to do this reliably herself). If I see a problem, I want to address it immediately.

Given a signed letter from her authorizing this, is there anything that I can use to require the mortgage servicer to do this? I don't believe that they would ever do anything good on a voluntary basis. Everything that I see about them suggests that they are among the worst slimeballs to ever walk the earth.

I don't want to become responsible for all of her finances and I want her to continue to get copies of everything.


Banking: [Pls. Move to Real Estate] Need Mortgage Servicer to Send Duplicate Notices

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire