mercredi 19 juin 2019

Relocation: Non Custodial Parent Moving Out of State

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Iowa

My Ex wife and I divorced in 2015. We have joint custody with myself being primary physical care. Non custodial parent (ex wife) has visitation every other weekend and holidays and 3 weeks in the summer. She lived 10 miles away when the divorce decree was filed. One parent is to drop off and the other to pick up for the visitation. The non custodial parent has since moved out of state 17 hours away obviously not taking the child every other weekend and most holidays. Her family lives close to myself so she picks up our child for the summer 3 week visitation but is demanding that I pick her up 17 hours away and spend time and money to do so. Our decree has nothing stating what happens if one parent intends to or actually moves away. Do I have to travel that far and spend hundreds of dollars for gas and lodging when she volunteered to move that far away?


Relocation: Non Custodial Parent Moving Out of State

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire