samedi 15 juin 2019

Accident Advice

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California.

To help this make sense I will try to explain the layout of my driveway. To get out of my garage you need to back out heading east then turn both to get to the street. As you down my driveway there is a brick pillar with a light. It’s not a big deal but can obstruct the view as I turn of there’s someone That’s parked in my driveway.

I was backing out today and my son likes to close the garage so I stop and park the car and let him close the garage. I then turn the car backing out Keith and check all 3 mirrors as well as both directions in the street by turning. I continue down the driveway and hit a woman who decided to park in the street halfway blocking my driveway. The issue is I didn’t see her as I’m coming down the driveway and was obstructed by the light.

We exchanged information and I found out that she was parked there so she could text. My issue is this. It’s illegal to block a driveway and it’s illegal to text in the driver seat in CA. It took me a gold 15 seconds to back out and if she was paying attention she would have either honked or moved within that time frame.

With that being said is it a forgone conclusion that I’m 100% at fault?


Accident Advice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire