jeudi 27 juin 2019

Filing a Pro Se Request for Enlargement of Time to Answer

My question involves court procedures for the state of Florida & filing a Request for Englargement regarding answering a civil suit


A civil case was filed vs me in FL & I need more time find a lawyer. I've also been tending to a very sick dog & a recurrence of migraines has limited me the last few weeks so I got off to a late start regarding seeking council. I couldn't find a template on any of the county websites nor from the law library but I found something online thats simple & to the point. Is there anything missing from this template which should be included? What are the 2 lines for at the bottom after my signature?



IN THE FRANKLIN COUNTY MUNICIPAL COURT
____________________ COUNTY, OHIO


* CASE NO: ______________________
*
_______________________________ *
Plaintiff, * JUDGE: ________________________
-vs- *
*
. * MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO ANSWER
*
_________________________________ *
Defendant(s), Pro Se. *



Defendant(s), ____________________________________________, pro se, respectfully request(s) an order granting defendant(s), pro se, an additional 30 days in which to move, plead or otherwise respond to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. I (we) am (are) looking for an attorney who can assist in this case.

Opposing Counsel has been properly notified of this request.


Respectfully submitted,
______________________________
________________________, pro se
Address:
Telephone:
Defendant, pro se






CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

This is to certify that a copy of this request for an extension of time to answer has been sent by ordinary United States Mail this ________ day of ______________________ 201___ to:


(Name and address of Plaintiff’s attorney)




______________________________
Defendant, Pro Se (Signature)




______________________________

________________________, pro se Defendant, pro se






***A lawyer mentioned to include this line, "this motion is made for proper purposes and not for delay, no party will be prejudiced in granting this motion".

Is that needed? Also, is it okay to mention my sick pet & the headaches I've been suffering or is that info too private?


Filing a Pro Se Request for Enlargement of Time to Answer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire