jeudi 20 juin 2019

Grandparents and Third Parties: Losing Guardianship when Evidence Shows Otherwise

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Oklahoma. My husband and I have had guardianship of our 16 month granddaughter since birth. During this time my daughter and her husband have both been court ordered to have psychological evaluations done. Even though they both are already receiving disability for having learning disabilities, ICW director wanted these evaluations done. The evaluations showed that my daughter's IQ dropped from 66 to 52 and her husbands IQ is a 54, and that they both have to be supervised over their own needs. They did a doll simulation and the results showed 1% progress. My daughter lives with her husband and his parents, in which the dad has 16 allegiations of child sexual abuse but they didn't go any further than allegiations. My daughter had her son 2 weeks before their daughter turned 1. They gave the husbands mom guardianship of my grandson so that we wouldn't get guardianship. We are in state court with guardianship of our granddaughter and they are in tribal court with my grandson. My daughter and husbands attorney's are requesting the court to terminate our guardianship and have our granddaughter be with her parents even with DHS stating that my granddaughter does not need to live with her parents because they cannot take care of 2 kids and not sure they can take care of 1. With the evidence we have is there a chance we will lose guardianship and our granddaughter will have to go with her parents who have not supported her or been consistent in visiting her?


Grandparents and Third Parties: Losing Guardianship when Evidence Shows Otherwise

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire