samedi 22 juin 2019

Social Security Issues: Can We Choose a Different Ss Office to Be Seen at

Hi;

We are having problems with an extremely incompetent SS employee. The supervisor refuses to get involved and merely directs us back to the same individual.

My father passed away in Nov and SS kept sending my brother's payments to my father's checking that was in probate and deducting it from a paper check so that for a 3 month period my brother only rec'd an $80 check. Story was always the same, waiting for the system to clear itself. We told them several times to stop sending payments to the checking and they ignored us. The only solution was to tell them my brother was his own payee and to send him payment check only. They eventually got the back pay to my brother and checks going to him. We since moved my brother to a condo and we had to tell SS several times to change the address to the condo which they eventually did after 2 months. Today my brother rec'd a SS check addressed to both my father and brother and was sent to the old address. We have given SS copies of my father's death certificate twice but yet continue to receive correspondence addressed to him.

There are two SS offices near my brother's location. The one with the incompetent employees and another office that is 3 miles further in the opposite direction. Getting appointments with SS is like winning the lottery and doing a walk-in and wait to be seen is a life sucking experience. I would hate to go through the waiting room process only to find out we have to go back to the incompetent location. Do we have any rights on choosing which location will handle my brother's case?


Social Security Issues: Can We Choose a Different Ss Office to Be Seen at

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire