mercredi 19 juin 2019

Pets and Animals: Good Faith Adoption (Private Sector)

My question involves personal property located in the State of: West Virginia

I found a posting on Face Book (FB) of an individual who was looking for a re-homing situation for her dog. I visited the home and agreed to adopt the dog. I immediately transported the dog to the Vet for vaccinations and check-up as the owner stated the dog had not had a vet visit for the past two-and-a-half-years. I also transported the dog to the groomer where the dog was bathed and foot care was provided.

Three days following the adoption, I was informed via FB Messenger that the dog belonged to a man Florida and that the young lady who gave the dog to me was not the owner and did not have the right to re-home the dog.

After much back and forth I notified the man in FL not to contact me again until he settled the civil matter with the young lady from whom I adopted the dog.

I feel the matter of ownership should be settled between the two individuals before I get involved.

Am I correct?

Good Faith Adopter!


Pets and Animals: Good Faith Adoption (Private Sector)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire