mercredi 19 juin 2019

Social Security Issues: Being Denied 100% Benefits

I worked 10 years to accumulate my 40 quarters starting in 1958. Then in 1959, I decided to serve my country by joining the army to get my obligation out of the way.
Afterwhich I join the workforce to finish out my 40 quarters under social security. Then I took a civil service job with my fire department that is covered by a pension and not social security in 1969. I retired from the fire department at age 55 and at age 62, I applied for social security benefits. But before I applied, I learned that I would not receive the full benefit because I also receive a pension from the city.
Now I am 79 years old and starting to notice my dollars do not go as far as they did prior to retiring. There are two reasons. One is inflation, but the main one is that Medicare has taken out all the raise's social security awarded for the last 5 or 6 years. It's called a COLA. It appears that social security is pulling a fast one on retiress's under the same circumstances as mine. They do not care about the increase in cost of buying or renting real estate, food, clothing and etc. So they allow Medicare to eat up any increase I get from social security. This is not fair. It did not cost the government anything while I and my employers contributed to social security.
When I question them, the reply was I did not make enough money when I was a young man making his way. But if I am not mistaken, there is a minimum payment to to those with 40 quarters paid in as of 1968 and more adjustments since then.
Now my question is: Do I have a case and file a class action against social security and what expenses I may incur in doing so?


Social Security Issues: Being Denied 100% Benefits

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire