dimanche 23 juin 2019

Background Checks: Advise on How to Answer Background Check Question

I have a question about how one should answer the criminal history question on a job application after criminal history has been updated.

When I applied for the job, I had to answer yes to the felony question. It was for theft and did one year deferred adjudication. In the box below it ask for a simple explanation so gave an explanation of what happened. The offense was at least 4 years old at the time and didn't seem to be a problem since I was hired. I have no other criminal charges other than this one. I stayed at that job for about 7 years and then resigned because I moved to a different city.

Now I have moved back and am going to apply with the same company. Recently my lawyer said I could update my criminal history so that it looks/sounds much better on a background check. He said that instead of giving an explanation of what happened, I can simply state what the update says which is something like "Arrested at such&such date, No conviction. plead not guilty, case dismissed.

I am sure my former employer has my explanation from the first application.

Is it a good idea to answer the question with the updated criminal history like my lawyer stated?


Background Checks: Advise on How to Answer Background Check Question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire