vendredi 14 juin 2019

Eviction Process: Legal Venue

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Washington

I'll be served with a Summons and Complaint soon for an eviction. The property in question is in Yakima County, eastern Washington, but the legal owner and his attorney both reside in King County, western Washington. My understanding is that the Complaint should be filed in the same county where the property is situated. My vehicle isn't terribly reliable, so I'd much prefer to stay local if I can.

Question: What are the guidelines regarding legal venue in a case like this ? Is the plaintiff's attorney required to file in Yakima County ? If not, and he instead chooses to file in King County, can I fight the choice of venue without an attorney ? Thank you.


Eviction Process: Legal Venue

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire