mardi 25 juin 2019

Harassment: Statute of Limitations for Harassment Apply Only to Incident or Co. Reaction

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California

I work with a shit-bag who has been accused by several women of sexual harassment (he was their direct supervisor) over the course of several years and different work-places within our company. Lots of ladies chimed in "me too" about this guy.

My company did an "investigation" where they interviewed everybody. They emailed two of the ladies saying "we investigated and found your claims to be true"... thanking them for coming forward and saying they'll change their policies as a result etc.

They end up not firing the guy :wallbang: which is difficult to believe. Can these ladies sue the company even if some of the incidents were more than a year ago?

Can they sue over the company's reaction? This scum-bag still lurks around and makes ladies feel uncomfortable. I personally was able to work with him while I knew he was a narcissist, liar, cheater, and fake but now that I know this other stuff (and some of these ladies are my staff and good friends of mine) I've really lost respect for the company higher-ups.

Anyway, trying to give these ladies a little help.

Thanks!

Also, when one of the ladies first came forward, they told her if she wanted to file a claim she would have to sit in an office with him and have a conversation with him about how his behavior was inappropriate.

I thought this was really messed up. It was not the first time she had complained about him either.

Is this the norm?


Harassment: Statute of Limitations for Harassment Apply Only to Incident or Co. Reaction

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire