jeudi 20 juin 2019

Enforcement of Judgments: Wife Refuses to Take Her Name Off of Boat Title That is in My Possession and Granted

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Florida

The divorce property division was agreed upon by my wife and I outside of the courts stating we will each keep what we have in our possession. The agreement was she gets the house and everything that goes with it and I get the boat and everything that goes with it. The boat has been in my possession and slip fees have been paid by me for a year prior of the divorce and continue to do so to date. I do have and have had possession of the boat which is a Soveral 48 foot sailboat prior to the divorce. I signed the house over to her already. I separated my finances from her a year before the divorce due to her getting us over $60k in debt. It was her spending and lying to me about it that caused the problem.

I informed her she needed to be at the DMV with me per the DMV to transfer the title over to me solely. I had talked with her about it and stated we could take care of it in a month when I returned home from work. She moved to Ohio and did so without informing me or transferring the title to me solely. I hired US Coastguard documentation service ($400 so far) since the transfer could be done in the mail at the Coastguard level.

All paperwork was prepared and sent to her a few months back but she is refusing to fill it out, notarize and return the paperwork to the documentation agency. She claims she has done it and emailed and mailed the information to the agency but the agency never received the email or mail she claims to have sent. She has been asked to resend the paperwork by me and the agency but she will not comply with the request.

The agency has spoken with her several times trying to aid in the process. She refuses to speak to me and seldom answers my email requests about completing the documentation. Prior I had offered to fly her back to Florida to transfer at the DMV but she refused to do so.

What can I do to get the papers signed and notarized by her and sent to the title company if she will not do so voluntarily? I want to leave the area and can not do so without the title being solely in my name.

Thank you.


Enforcement of Judgments: Wife Refuses to Take Her Name Off of Boat Title That is in My Possession and Granted

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire