vendredi 21 juin 2019

Collecting on a Small Claims Judgement

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Missouri

I have a small claims judgement. The appeals period has expired. He has twice promised to pay the judgement. The payment date of the first promise arrived and he said the funding he was expecting hsd "fallen through". He stated that he should have funds to pay me by the end of June.

Now I'd like to research what my options are if he doesn't follow through on his second promise to pay. The court has paperwork that I can use to garnish his wages and bank accounts. But that requires his SSN. I spoke with a private investigator who promised that he could get me the judgement debtor's SSN and bank account info but his fee to do so would be $275.

My judgement is for $1185. The garnishment form includes a space to write in post judgement expenses -- could I list the PI's fee there and include that in what I collect?


Collecting on a Small Claims Judgement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire