samedi 29 juin 2019

Divorce: Florida Divorce Filed in 1997 W/ Active Status – Petitioner Relocated to Ma

In 1997 I filled for Dissolution of Marriage in the state of Florida, though for a number of reasons I never followed through. My spouse and I have an adult son, (24 yrs. old) and are on good terms, though she lives in FL but in a different county than where I originally filed. I have worked and lived in Massachusetts since 2017. There is no dispute over property or money so this should be simple in that respect.

I am able to pull my case up online and with regards to the status I’m confused, as it says the following, “Case Status: Disposed”, though below that, under Parties, it says “Status: Active”. Below that, under the Disposition section, it states the Statistical Closure as “Dismissed, Settled or Disposed After Hearing” and “Final Order of Dismissal, Comment (Final Order Of Dismissal Fld & Rec W/out Prej (Moc))”.

My question is, is it necessary to revisit the divorce process from the same/original location in Florida-especially considering my spouse lives in a different county, (she’s lived there 3 years) or would it be possible for me to file from here in Massachusetts since I meet their residency requirement?
Additionally, would I need to start from the beginning and file a new petition?


Divorce: Florida Divorce Filed in 1997 W/ Active Status – Petitioner Relocated to Ma

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire